Allergy Friendly Pecan Coffee Cake
Gluten, soy, corn, dairy, peanut, and egg free
Contains tree nuts
3 cups 1 to 1 GF flour (corn free blend below or your favorite)
1.75 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (corn free brand here)
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 cups milk (I used canned coconut milk)
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons oil (I use avocado)
Chopped pecans (for in the cake and on top)
Cinnamon filling and topping
1/2 -3/4 cup brown sugar
1-1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup sweet white rice flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour (starch)
1 teaspoon xanthan gum (corn free brand here)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a 9×13 pan.
2. Mix all the cake ingredients in a large bowl except the pecans, it’s low fuss. Just be sure to get any lumps out of the batter. Add half the pecans to the batter once combined.
3. Pour/spread half the batter into the pan. (It will be thick)
4. Sprinkle about half the filling onto the cake. As long as you don’t mind the sugar, add a good amount. Just be sure to reserve some for the top (or make more)!
5. Carefully spread the remaining batter over the top.
6.Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mix and pecans over the top
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For best results make this cake the day before! For good results, bake and eat immediately.