My daughters challenge this week was to prepare good tasty meals that are also healthy. We made her keep the calories at 500 or less per serving and she has done an excellent job. I kind of don’t want this week to end because she is doing such a wonderful job. Even cleans the kitchen when she is done.
Tonight’s meal was almond crusted pork with a honey mustard sauce.
1 cup (gf/df/sf) breadcrumbs
½ cup almonds
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. ground pepper
1 large egg white, beaten
1 lb. thin cut pork chops cut into ½ inch strips
Dipping sauce is ¼ cup honey with 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard (you can even use a spicy Dijon if you like)
- 1. Put the bread crumbs, almonds, garlic powder, salt and pepper into the food processor and pulse until the almonds are coarsely chopped up. Put them in a shallow dish or plate.
- 2. Place egg white in a separate dish.
- 3. Dip both sides of the pork strips into the egg white then evenly coated with the bread crumb mixture.
- 4. Heat a large skillet with a small amount of oil. We used EVOO and brown both sides of the pork strips until no longer pink in the middle.
- 5. Serve with the honey mustard dressing.
You can easily make a sugar-free dipping sauce using agave, or Walden farms has a sugar-free honey mustard dressing that would work great as well.