Nothing says comfort like homemade Buttermilk pancakes.
This is my favorite thing to make when we have buttermilk in the house, since we usually buy a quart and only end up needing a small amount for the recipe that called for it.
This recipe makes some crisp on the outside, tender on the inside fluffy pancakes which is sometimes hard to accomplish with GF flours.
1.5 cups Tom Sawyer GF Flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
1.5 tsp salt (omit if there is salt in your butter)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs separated
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp melted butter
(may need oil for the pan if not using a nonstick griddle)
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In separate bowl whisk yolks, buttermilk, butter and milk together. Making sure the butter is cool before mixing it in.
- mix the dry and wet ingredients together until well mixed
- fold in the egg white, just until incorporated, do not over mix.
- Place about /3 cup of mixture on the griddle and wait for it to bubble before flipping over.
Place on a plate and enjoy. You could share with other family members at this point but if you get up early enough and be real quiet you might get away with eating them all yourself. Today this plan didn’t work out for me and my son ate 6 of them.