You had me at Cheesy Pasta!
Summer means fresh Vegetables right out of your garden and what better way to showcase them than in a cheesy pasta. I found some Jovial Tagliatelle pasta at the store and since I have never tried it (gluten or gluten free) I was really interested in seeing what it was like. Putting it all together was easy and it was a very filling satisfying meal. I am not a big pasta fan but I found so many new ones I just need to play with them.
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil + some
- 3 colored bell pepper (variety for presentation) thinly sliced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini cut into medallions
- 9 oz Tagliatelle pasta
- Smoked cheese (mozz, provolone, anything that melts well)
- salt, pepper and fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions: Meanwhile do all your other work.
- add butter and oil to large pan. Salt & pepper as you go along. Saute your peppers and onions stirring often until almost tender. Add the zucchini and cook until they are just getting tender. add your cheese and some fresh basil. Once gooey you can add in your rinsed Pasta.
- Lightly Toss, and add more basil and grated cheese on top.
- Serve & Enjoy
- 1. GF pasta is temperamental. You can go from al dente to over done within a minute so pay close attention to pasta.
- 2.I used pinot seasoned sea salt and it was magnificent in this dish.
- 3. If it looks a little dry add more avocado oil, it adds another notch of creaminess.
- 4. Use whatever cheese you like however make sure it is a good quality cooking cheese like Mozz, provolone, gouda, gruyere, (not basic like cheddar, colby)
The only time-consuming part was chopping the vegetables. I only had yellow and orange but adding a red would have made this dish pop even more in appearance.
The pasta was interesting, it came in all these little balls. I tested constantly and the second it was almost done I turned off heat and sadly had to go hunt for a hot pad and a minute later it was just a tad over done. So be very careful with your pasta.
Between the butter, oil, vegetable juice it makes its own sauce to coat the noodles and help the cheese melt
Best thing was that besides the cheese & pasta it was all fresh ingredients and relatively low-calorie, depending on the cheese you choose and how much you add.