Day three and the cookies are still holding up soft and delicious! I thought I would post in case someone is looking for a good Christmas cooking that fits food restrictions. I know Santa is really going to enjoy our cookies this year!
Gluten/Dairy/Soy free Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup palm shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons almond/coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten free flour with added guar/xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat shortening and sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to shortening mixture until well blended. Refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Roll 1/3 of dough at a time on lightly gluten-free floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough with 2 to 3-inch floured cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on un-greased cookie sheets
- Bake 5 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Let cool, Frost and decorate as desired.
© 2021 Recipe property of www.glutenfreealaska.com