With the new year comes resolutions and in our home that usually means shedding some weight. This was my first low calorie meal. I have to keep it hearty for the husband but light enough for me. It turned out rather well. Important thing to remember when putting together recipes like this is weigh and measure everything. I will take the guess work out for you with this one.
Chicken & Veggie Bake
New Year Resolution Meal, Filling and tasty yet low calorie.
*Trade out what ever veggies you have in your fridge, super versatile recipe.
*Perfect to use up lefter over chicken/turkey
*frozen and fresh both work in the recipe
*Use Almond milk instead of whole milk to reduce calories.
*Play with your favorite spices
- 5.5 ounces cut up chicken/turkey breast
- 9 ounces fresh/frozen asparagus
- 7 ounces onions cut up
- 7 ounces bell peppers cut up
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray
- Mix the cheese, bisquick, eggs, milk, spices together in a bowl. Layer the chicken and veggies in pan and pour mixture evenly over the top. Bake in the oven uncovered for 30-40 minutes until toothpick poked in comes out clean.
- Serving size is 4, (1/4 of the pan) Each serving using exact measurements is 302.
- 1/4 of the pan was enough to fill and leave me with next day leftover’s however my husband is a bigger eater and consumed 1/2 of the pan and was happily satisfied. I asked him if he would eat it again and his answer was yes but I think he would have liked it if I kicked it up a notch with chili flakes or something spicy.
© 2021 Recipe property of www.glutenfreealaska.com