This is one of my most favorite ways to use up leftover chicken breast. The egg bake puts new life into dried out breast that usually sits in your fridge since no one wants to eat it. The flavor combo pops and the carmalized onions bring the dish up to a whole new level of flavor. I have also used butternut squash in place of the sweet potato.
Chicken & Sweet Potato Egg Bake
1 hour, 20 minutes
- 7 large eggs
- 2 oz gruyere cheese shredded
- medium-large onion
- 16 oz sweet potato cut up into 1×1 inch squares
- 5-8 oz left over shredded chicken breast
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp dried thype
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or stock.
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large cast iron skillet pour in your broth and saute your onions & sweet potatoes until carmalized. Keep your sweet potatoes in chunks do not let them get mushed up.
- Add in your baby spinache and saute down.
- In a seperate bowl combine eggs, cheese and seasonings.
- You can pour the egg mixture over your veggies and meat or transfer into a baking dish. Bake in the oven for approximately 60 minutes or until well set.
© 2022 Recipe property of www.glutenfreealaska.com